Geographic Specific Resources
- The Courteous Traveller.Come hither, Lets play a song. A song of senses- Eyes and skin and touch and smell. And your panting, I can so clearly hear. The ebb and the flow of breath, and my nearness synchronized to it. Its a trick to foreplay In midst of a suffocated crowd. They are looking for reasons to strike. How brave are you, my knight, To brush your hands against mine. To care […]
- The Courteous Traveller.
- LGBT Community: A Customer Segment Waiting to be Tapped?By AJ The purchasing power of the gay community is estimated to be around $3 trillion worldwide. For those who do not understand the magnitude of this number, it is more than the entire GDP of South Asia. In business terminology, this money is termed as ‘pink dollar’. Many Indian …The post LGBT Community: A Customer Segment Waiting to be Tapped? appeared fir […]
- LGBT Community: A Customer Segment Waiting to be Tapped?
- Gay Gandhi? HardlyLast year I attended a short orientation to prepare me for work in rural India. Facing a year in the closet, I asked what I could expect from men in my community in rural Rajasthan: "You might see some men holding hands like homosexuals in the west."As a westerner I may have jumped to conclusions about two men holding hands. Certainly in London, yo […]
- Gay Gandhi? Hardly
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Category Archives: Fun Stuff
By Shri You knew this was coming! This list is from a Gay man’s perspective. I am sure there are tons of other (ignorant) things that straight Desis say to their Queer woman friends and transgender friends. Please leave a … Continue reading
Soundtrack of the Indian Queer Movement originally aired on Sunday October 9, 2011, 6-7pm EST. Hosts, Indu Vashist and Srinath Baba had special guests Ponni Arasu and Gautam Bhan in studio for commentary, history and a whole lot of laughs. … Continue reading
This filmography is a cursory attempt to compile feature length, shorts and documentary films made about queer people in South Asia and the diaspora. If you have suggestion for more films, please add them in the comments section. Bhandarkar, Madhur, … Continue reading
HarperCollins, 2008, isbn: 9788172237103 http://amrutapatil.blogspot.com/ A beautifully nuanced exploration of a young woman’s mind and sexuality . They were inseparable – until the day they jumped. Ruth, saved by safety nets, leaves the city. Kari, saved by a sewer, crawls … Continue reading
Toronto based youtube comedian’s take on Living in a Brown Fam. Not exactly queer content but pokes fun at living the brown life abroad.