Geographic Specific Resources
- The Courteous Traveller.Come hither, Lets play a song. A song of senses- Eyes and skin and touch and smell. And your panting, I can so clearly hear. The ebb and the flow of breath, and my nearness synchronized to it. Its a trick to foreplay In midst of a suffocated crowd. They are looking for reasons to strike. How brave are you, my knight, To brush your hands against mine. To care […]
- The Courteous Traveller.
- LGBT Community: A Customer Segment Waiting to be Tapped?By AJ The purchasing power of the gay community is estimated to be around $3 trillion worldwide. For those who do not understand the magnitude of this number, it is more than the entire GDP of South Asia. In business terminology, this money is termed as ‘pink dollar’. Many Indian …The post LGBT Community: A Customer Segment Waiting to be Tapped? appeared fir […]
- LGBT Community: A Customer Segment Waiting to be Tapped?
- Gay Gandhi? HardlyLast year I attended a short orientation to prepare me for work in rural India. Facing a year in the closet, I asked what I could expect from men in my community in rural Rajasthan: "You might see some men holding hands like homosexuals in the west."As a westerner I may have jumped to conclusions about two men holding hands. Certainly in London, yo […]
- Gay Gandhi? Hardly
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Category Archives: Film
As part of Chennai Queer Film Festival June 15-17 2012, local collectives Chennai Dost and Orinam are conducting a photography and art exhibition in partnership with Goethe Institute/ Max Mueller Bhavan.
This filmography is a cursory attempt to compile feature length, shorts and documentary films made about queer people in South Asia and the diaspora. If you have suggestion for more films, please add them in the comments section. Bhandarkar, Madhur, … Continue reading
Ifti Nasim. Ifti Nasim is an Islamic poet, writer and activist. He was born in Pakistan, but now resides in Chicago where he hosts a radio program and is involved in the LGBT community. He effortlessly becomes the main attraction … Continue reading
View this movie at cultureunplugged.com Film by Sushmit Ghosh Flying Inside My Body explores how the form of the body can become a powerful physical language to express dissent over societal norms and conventions. The film is a journey with … Continue reading
British filmmaker Pratibha Parmar has spent more than 20 years behind the camera bringing fresh perspectives to stories of women, minorities and social issues. Her films are marked by political complexity and visual richness, taking up the themes of women’s … Continue reading