Having observed in Pakistani society, a disturbing tendency towards fear and shame around issues of sex and sexuality – that is to say, around a normal human interaction – the founders of Chay Magazine feel that sex and sexuality should enter the public discourse. The taboo and silence around sex and sexuality are oppressive on all of us, irrespective of gender, and lead, at the very least, to unhappiness in our daily lives and, more often, to violence, shame, depression, ill health and general social malaise. We at Chay Magazine endeavor to bring to the Pakistani reading public a place to converse about those things we are most shy of. Our hope is that, through this, we can become braver and stronger, more powerful, self-assured, and just and fair members of society.
Geographic Specific Resources
- Queer Your Feed: 11 Desi-Queer Artists To Follow On InstagramThe art and the platform on which it is presented have always shared a symbiotic relationship. With the boom of social media over generation Y and onwards, art has adopted a different perception amongst viewers; one which is more accessible and affordable, and amongst creators; one which is egalitarian, diverse, and most importantly, uncensored. The visual a […]
- Queer Your Feed: 11 Desi-Queer Artists To Follow On Instagram
- 2017: The Indian LGBT Year in ReviewWith 2017 drawing to a close, it is time to quickly look back at some of the key events and people who grabbed our attention before we start celebrating the new year. 2017 was... The post 2017: The Indian LGBT Year in Review appeared first on Pink Pages.
- 2017: The Indian LGBT Year in Review
- Gay Gandhi? HardlyLast year I attended a short orientation to prepare me for work in rural India. Facing a year in the closet, I asked what I could expect from men in my community in rural Rajasthan: "You might see some men holding hands like homosexuals in the west."As a westerner I may have jumped to conclusions about two men holding hands. Certainly in London, yo […]
- Gay Gandhi? Hardly
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.