Geographic Specific Resources
- A Rain of Flower: Poet Yoon Hyun SeokYook Woo Dang is perhaps second of the two most well-known gay poets of South Korea, the other being Gi Hyeong Do. Unlike Gi Hyeong Do, whose poetry mostly revolved around love, Yook Woo Dang' s poetry seems to be all-encompassing. He speaks about love but also about the repressive structures society produces through the institutions of family, schools, […]
- A Rain of Flower: Poet Yoon Hyun Seok
- The Perils and Politics of Gay PrideBy Udayan Dhar Perhaps the Ongoing Controversy over Pune Pride March Hints at a Maturing LGBT Movement in India June is LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender) Pride month globally and the last decade... The post The Perils and Politics of Gay Pride appeared first on Pink Pages.
- The Perils and Politics of Gay Pride
- Gay Gandhi? HardlyLast year I attended a short orientation to prepare me for work in rural India. Facing a year in the closet, I asked what I could expect from men in my community in rural Rajasthan: "You might see some men holding hands like homosexuals in the west."As a westerner I may have jumped to conclusions about two men holding hands. Certainly in London, yo […]
- Gay Gandhi? Hardly
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Category Archives: Bangladesh
Tanvir Alim/Bangladesh A picture is worth thousand words, especially when freedom of expression is curbed due to fear and stigma. The queer community in Bangladesh is mostly underground. A culture of collective denial (of the existence of queer community in … Continue reading
By Tanvir Alim Boys of Bangladesh’ celebrated IDAHO with an interactive discussion with the civil society In cooperation with Alliance Français de Dhaka, Boys of Bangladesh has organized a film program and discussion on IDAHO to celebrate unity in spirit … Continue reading
http://lgbtbangladesh.wordpress.com/gays-of-bangladesh/tanvir-alim/ Tanvir Alim a prominent Gay Rights Activist from Bangladesh shares his views on the mindset of the Homosexuals in this pre-dominantly Islamic society. He also gives a vivid description about the contribution of BoB towards educating the gays about … Continue reading