Geographic Specific Resources
- Poem: You And IA place Let’s meet at a place Where none of us belong Space, which we can Claim as our own A patch of land where you are no longer Just present in my memories Rather you become my reality Let’s meet at a place Where the wind that blows around us Will no longer be an echo Of the screams unheard Instead; it will cradle our whispers And leave its traces When we […]
- Poem: You And I
- The Perils and Politics of Gay PrideBy Udayan Dhar Perhaps the Ongoing Controversy over Pune Pride March Hints at a Maturing LGBT Movement in India June is LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender) Pride month globally and the last decade... The post The Perils and Politics of Gay Pride appeared first on Pink Pages.
- The Perils and Politics of Gay Pride
- Gay Gandhi? HardlyLast year I attended a short orientation to prepare me for work in rural India. Facing a year in the closet, I asked what I could expect from men in my community in rural Rajasthan: "You might see some men holding hands like homosexuals in the west."As a westerner I may have jumped to conclusions about two men holding hands. Certainly in London, yo […]
- Gay Gandhi? Hardly
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Category Archives: Sri Lanka
http://www.2bmag.com/2011/09/flying-with-one-wing-lgbt-rights-in-sri-lanka-5674 Sri Lanka is a tiny tropical, coconut tree lined, island nation surrounded by the Indian Ocean. In Canada, when one thinks of Sri Lanka the images that come to mind are of destitute migrants arriving in rickety boats to … Continue reading
Auntie Netta (a chat show host) interviews Rosanna Flamer-Caldera, the Co-Secretary General of the International Lesbian and Gay Association (ILGA), a founding member of Women’s Support Group (1999), the only LBT organization in Sri Lanka and Equal Ground (2004), a … Continue reading
The Life Journey Of A Sexual Rights Activist, Upeksha http://www.thesundayleader.lk/2011/05/15/the-life-journey-of-a-sexual-rights-activist-upeksha/ Upeksha I was born to an artist father and a mother who ran a batik factory in our home. I have two elder sisters and a younger brother and a … Continue reading